Membership in the Kentucky Association of State Extension Professionals (KASEP) provides an excellent opportunity for state extension personnel to interact and network with one another. Moreover, this organization is especially helpful to new employees who are trying to navigate their way towards a productive career through our Extension system, and to others who wish to stay current on issues that affect us as professionals.
KASEP provides a forum for interaction among state extension personnel and upper-level administration. The organization serves to elevate ideas and concerns for the improvement and success of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. Members may serve on ad hoc committees that advise administration.
Membership in KASEP provides opportunities for professional development. In the past, KASEP members have met with elected officials and other employees of state government personnel. The organization also provides professional development seminars and talks at meetings. The themes of these programs are based on input from members.
KASEP recognizes the achievements of members through numerous awards. Outstanding extension personnel and extension programs are rewarded with a certificate and/or monetary award.
Membership is open to any University of Kentucky or Kentucky State University Extension specialist, Extension associate, or professional with an Extension appointment or assignment. To be a part of KASEP, simply attend the annual meeting.
Awards are presented to deserving individuals and programs at the annual spring meeting. Nomination applications will be made available prior to the annual meeting. Instructions for submission and deadlines will be included. The following awards are presented annually.
- M.D. Whiteker Award for Excellence in Extension - The outstanding Associate or Full Extension Professor will be recognized with one award (plaque and $500 check) presented to a deserving Extension faculty member who is a member of KASEP and has five or more years of service in the Cooperative Extension Service as an Extension faculty member in Kentucky.
- Outstanding New Extension Faculty Award - One award (plaque and $100 check) will be presented to a deserving Assistant Extension Professor who is a member of KASEP and has less than five years of service in Cooperative Extension, including all service as an Extension faculty member in Kentucky and any other state.
- Outstanding Extension Specialist Award - One award (plaque and $100 check) will be presented to a deserving non-faculty Extension Specialist or Senior Extension Specialist who is a member of KASEP.
- Outstanding Extension Associate Award - One award (plaque and $100 check) will be presented to a deserving Extension Associate or Senior Extension Associate who is a member of KASEP.
PROJECT AND PROGRAM AWARDS
- Outstanding Project Award - An outstanding current Extension project of a special and timely nature, which has been in existence for less than three years, will be recognized with a certificate of achievement. The project may involve one or more specialists and may be departmental or interdepartmental. All persons involved in the project should be identified and awards will be presented to each. This award is given for outstanding accomplishment without regard for traditional subject matter areas.
- Outstanding Program Award - An outstanding current Extension program developed and implemented by KASEP members for a period exceeding three years will be recognized with a certificate of achievement. The program may involve one or more specialists and may be departmental or interdepartmental. All persons involved in the program should be identified and awards will be presented to each.
The By-Laws of the organization were last revised February, 25, 2014. To view the current By-Laws click here. Updated by-laws will be voted on at the Spring meeting.